No 2 RISING STAR DEMONSTRATOR and placed in the TOP 25 DEMONSTRATORS of the year 2010

No 2 RISING STAR DEMONSTRATOR and placed in the TOP 25 DEMONSTRATORS of the year 2010

Friday, August 22, 2008

MAC ATTACK Tutorial

Bring on the BLING!!3 cards 3 ways using different 'bling'effects.







Step 1 Gathering your supplies
4x6 Card and coordinating piece of cardstock
Stamp
Ink pad I used an archival dye based pad for speedy drying times
Colour markers...mine are tombow
Glue pad
Embossing glue
Crystal glitter...Mine is super fine
Embossing powder...I used polysparkle
Kindyglitz
Heat gun
Paint brush
Ahesive
Ribbon and coordinating cardstock

Technique 1 Glue pad and Glitter
Using you ink pad stamp image onto separate cardstock to that of your card.
Clean stamp and prime it with glue from your glue pad (same technique as inking with a regular pad)
Place this over the top of you original image...for better results you could use a stamp positioner (but I couldn't find mine..so instead I made sure I stamped close to the corners of my paper...this also helps me align my image and reduce the need to trim all 4 sides.)
Next sprinkle glitter over the top.... tap off excess and allow to dry...drying times vary depending on temperature and amount of glue you have used)














Technique 2 Kindy Glitz
Stamp image on to separate cardstock
Using you colour markers...colour desired areas...for the face of santa I used a small amount of pink diluted with water on a paint brush...this gives a more natural tone to his skin) then allow to dry
Next using your kindyglitz.. Bling up your chosen areas...making sure you start with the your Lighter coloured areas first (the glitter glue can sometimes bleed into your lighter areas if you start with the darker areas)..when finished wipe the tip of your nib and move onto the next area.
With this card I went over the fluffy white part of his hat again to give it a puffed out look...(you could also use Puff paint with a little glitter added) and to add another dimension I only glittered the stamped parts of his beard.
Allow to dry... and again drying times depend on the weather and how much kindyglitz you've used.














Techinque 3 Embossing Glue and powder
Stamp image on to separate cardstock
Using you colour markers...colour desired areas...then allow to dry
Place a small amount of embossing glue a pallet or plate..then using a med fine paint brush go over desired area with glue.
Next apply your embossing powder..tap off excess and and allow glue to dry for 15 mins before heat setting with your heat gun.














Step 2 Bringing it all together

I first matted my stamped image using a coordinating piece of cardstock to that of my ribbon
I next aligned and adhered my ribbon to my 4 x 6 card I did this simply by running a strip of CM photo tape along the card
I then stamped my greeting image just below my ribbon
Finally I adhered my stamped and matted image to my card
And there you have it 3 cards 3 ways....there is a forth...but it very similar to the glue and emboss...you need to use pigment ink instead of dye ink..emboss and heat set..
Have fun!

No comments: